You know the feeling I’m sure: time is scarce & the craving is REAL.
Chocolate cups are one of my go-to dessert ideas for when that happens.
No fuss, ready in no time and they can even qualify as a legit healthy snack. Dark chocolate truly is so good for you.
For us all.
So I know the only reason we ever eat chocolate is strictly for treating magnesium deficiency, right? Right. Oh and for those antioxidants and healthy fats.
Or well, because it’s chocolate.
So my initial plan was to make peanut butter choco cups.
But then I remembered we got this jar of homemade sour cherry jam from my parents’ pantry the other week.
And I thought…
What the heck. Let’s give these a twist.
And let me tell you these were SO. INSANELY. GOOD.
Yep, past tense… Cause they’re all gone now. I’ll be sure to make another batch very soon!
I can highly recommend you to try making them and please let me know if you do and tell me how it went. 🙂
For the cups:
🌿1 cup dark chocolate (chips) – I used 80% cocoa
🌿1 heaping Tbs coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
🌿6 tsp organic 100% peanut butter (mine was not salted, so I added roughly two pinches of pink Himalayan salt for a bit of flavor contrast 😉)
🌿6 tsp sour cherry jam
1. Melt together dark chocolate chips and coconut oil over boiling water and let it cool for just a bit.
2. Prepare 6 silicone muffin cups, and add 1 Tbs of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each cup.
3. Put in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Dollup the peanut butter and then the jam in the middle of the silicone cups and finally cover them all with the rest of the melted chocolate.
5. Place back in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is firm again.
6. Remove from the cups and enjoy!